Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA)
What is the Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)?
The Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP) assists entitled veterans, war widow/ers and dependants through the provision of aids and appliances to minimise the impact of disabilities, enhance quality of life and maximise independence when undertaking daily living activities.
Who is eligible?
Members of the veteran community are eligible if they have an assessed clinical need for an aid or appliance and are a:
- Gold Card holder
- White Card holder (only for conditions accepted by DVA as related to service); or
- Veteran from an allied country (only for conditions accepted by DVA as related to service).
The program provides safe and appropriate equipment:
- according to assessed clinical need
- in an effective and timely manner, and
- as part of the overall management of an individual’s health care.
RAP appliances are available to Gold and White card holders assessed by an appropriately qualified health provider (e.g. Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, General Practitioner).
Click on the above pictures to download your RAP form or products catalogue to assist in providing the right product for your needs.
Click this Link to discover the RAP National Schedule of Equipment, it provides a lists of aids and appliances that may assist entitled persons with their daily living activities as part of the overall management of their health care.